Thursday, November 8, 2007

A Fruity Twist on Oatmeal Cookies



I discovered these cranberry white chocolate chip oatmeal cookies in a food blog a few months ago and they have quickly become one of my favorites. The cranberry and white chocolate is a great flavor combination... it's a nice change from your traditional oatmeal raisin cookie.

I'm afraid that I accidentally saved the recipe without writing down whose blog the recipe came from, so if this is your recipe, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due :)
*Edit: I'm still not sure where the original recipe is from, but thanks to Annie's Eats for sharing this recipe with me :)

Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies


3 eggs, well beaten
1 cup dried cranberries
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 ½ cup flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup white chocolate chips



Combine eggs, dried cranberries and vanilla and let stand for 1 hour, covered with plastic wrap.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together butter and sugars. Add flour, salt, cinnamon and soda to sugar mixture. Mix well. Blend in egg-cranberry mixture and oatmeal. Dough will be stiff. Fold in the white chocolate chips. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto un-greased cookie sheet or roll in small balls and flatten slightly on cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.

Yield - about 6 dozen cookies

14 comments:

  1. These look so so good!!!! I'll have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those came from my blog :) I found them on the WC board, and I think several people made them after I put them in my blog. I'm not sure who posted the original recipe though. Those cookies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. Those look soooo amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love white chocolate with either dried cherries or cranberries. Your cookies look like a great snack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy (belated) birthday!
    have a delicious day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look absolutely amazing!!! I'm definitely trying these!! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you have probably seen by now, I made these cookies a couple days ago. You have so many great looking things on your blog...I've been looking at it all week, but it's good to finally match a 'nest name' with a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to thank you for sharing this recipe! I made them last week and they were amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. White chocolate and macadamia nut cookies are my favorite so far but these look like a good contender. I will have to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These DO looks really good! And I just happened to buy white chocolate chips at the store. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi

    I went on Annie's blog and read the recipe, she suggest baking these cookies on the lower oven rack, because she said when she baked them on the center rack they were a little too brown. Did you use the center rack, if so did you have the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
  12. anonymous - i actually did not see that comment so when i baked them, i baked them in the center as directed. i always use a baking stone so that helps them bake more evenly, plus i keep a very close eye on them. i have not had problems w/them over browning but keep in mind that a cookie can go from underbaked to golden brown to overbaked/burnt in just 1 minute - so i recommend checking on them at 9 min and then every minute thereafter :) hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jaime

    Did you use old fashioned oats or quick cooking oats in your recipe. Also why do you use a baking stone when baking cookies I thought you only use it when making bread. How long did you heat the baking stone before baking the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anonymous,

    I'm out of town right now so I can't check and say for sure, but I am pretty certain that I use the quick cooking oats (I use the Quaker Oats brand). Baking stones are great for many uses, not just bread...they are great for pizzas, cookies, etc. Anything really. I find that my cookies bake more evenly and stick less when using the stones (much better than those "air insulated" cookie sheets I used to use). I actually don't heat the stone before baking the cookies, though I know there is always a small risk of the stone breaking if it isn't preheated due to the abrupt temp change...but I have baked many batches thus far and have yet to have that problem. Hope that helps!

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete