Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Hiatus

Photo taken during our honeymoon (September 2005).

Happy Easter! I hope everyone has fun with their Easter egg hunts, gets a huge Easter basket, and enjoys their family time together :) The Easter Bunny will not be visiting us this year, as we are leaving today for a much needed vacation! We are going to enjoy two magnificent weeks relaxing on the beach. (Since I don't have any photos of our trip to share yet, I've included one from our honeymoon above.)

Not to worry, though, as I am a dedicated food blogger and I have already set blogger to continue posting updates while I am gone. I have been baking away feverishly, so as not to miss the Tuesdays with Dorie recipes, or the Daring Baker's March Challenge. So do continue to stop on by my blog and visit :) I may or may not be able to promptly answer any questions/comments left on my blog, but I promise to read each and every comment when I return.

Before I leave, I need to share one more thing with you. My cats love to get into boxes, as evidenced by the pictures here. Well, apparently they do not discriminate and love boxes of any size or shape. I was in the kitchen when I heard my cat Stitch let out the most pathetic meow as if he was saying "help me!" Of course like a good mom, I did not come to his rescue but ran to grab the camera first! ;) Sorry Stitch, but I could not stop laughing when I saw this! So for now, I leave you with this humorous photo...

12 comments:

  1. Have a fantastic holiday! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back! We'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter! Two weeks on a beach sounds like fun. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cats are the same way. They are constantly getting into boxes and getting their heads stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cracking me up! My dog gets stuck in boxes all the time :) They must secretly like it...

    Enjoy your Hiatus! Can't wait to see what you come back with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great trip. This made me laugh out loud! Cats can be pretty smart but they have their moments, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful vacation!! Hope you get to relax and come back refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a great trip! And that's very organized of you to have all those posts set up. I thought about doing that before but never did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful time away! Love the cat shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! That's hilarious!
    I love cats.
    Hope you have a great time on your trip.

    Happy Easter to ya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great time on your trip! I'm way jealous! Two weeks on the beach is about as close to Heaven as you can get! ;) And your cat pic is WAY too cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful trip!! You are such a good blogger to get your updates all lined up! ENJOY THE BEACH! :)

    ReplyDelete