Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Click!

I haven't had much time to blog lately, but I did want to tell you about Click! Unlike DMBLGIT (Does My Blog Look Good in This?) which is a monthly blogging event that showcases the best food photographs featured on food blogs from the previous month, Click! is a monthly food photography event that is theme-based (not blog-based), so all you need is a good photograph to participate. This month's theme is au naturel: food in its natural state, uncooked and unprocessed.

I didn't really have time to shoot any photographs specifically for this event, but what came to mind was this picture I took when I made tiramisù last month:


I didn't think anything of it as I was adding the yolks one by one, but then I glanced over at the bowl and it really caught my eye. I love how the gloss of the yolks caught the light, and how it looks like a beautiful yellow flower.

If you'd like to participate in this month's Click! event, you have a little bit of time left (deadline is midnight EST April 30th). Otherwise, you can participate in May's event: Beans 'n Lentils.

14 comments:

  1. sometimes the loveliest pics are unplanned. gorgeous light and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes the loveliest pics are unplanned. gorgeous light and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture needs to be reproduced and mounted to hang in the kitchen. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaime, I loved this photo when I first saw it and I still love it. A perfect entry for click.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are awesome. I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I can't think of any au natural things that I've shot lately that are worthy of an award. I'll have to whip something up for the bean event for sure!

    Love the eggs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As soon as I saw the picture I remembered it. Than I read your blog entry and it clicked. Your pictures are memorable! Gorgeous shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember that photo. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,I gave you the Blogging with a Purpose Award on my blog. I love reading your blog. It's been a real inspiration. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Your photo is gorgeous - truly a work of art!

    (p.s. thanks for the lovely, encouraging DB comment on my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember this picture and it is really beautiful, who would think that egg yolks could look so stunning!? Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete